Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Unfocused

One of my biggest problems as a writer is that I can't seem to focus myself well. I can sit down and work on a project for an hour or two, three or four days in a row. After that, the fire dissipates, and I can't make progress or regain the determination I had when I started.

I think this stems from the fact that I have too many ideas in my head and not enough time to commit them all to paper. Writers have been facing this dilemma since time immemorial, I'm sure. I wish they would reveal their motivational secrets to me across the years. Alas, that won't be happening, so I have to find my own way through the distraction.

For now, I'll start with a simple strategy: taking my writing tasks one day at a time. Perhaps it will prove an effective fix. Or maybe I'll skip ahead of myself like I tend to do. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment