Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Year of the Two

So. Shit got real this year.

In an unexpected turn of events, a publisher I'd queried (Pink.Girl.Ink. Press) contacted me in late January to inform me that yes, they would like to publish my full-length poetry manuscript, Gods in the Wilderness. It was one of those moments where I had to read the e-mail eight or nine thousand times to fully comprehend the situation. 

This is a strange feeling for me. When I moved home, everything was crap and I kind of wanted to die a little and I was convinced that I would have to give up on the things I'd worked toward my whole life. Now, I feel so lucky to be in demand (if that's what you would call it).

With the publication of Boomerang Girl right around the corner, I wanted to share this news as well; after all, about a third of the material in Gods comes from BG. My little chapbook is wonderful and I love it more than I can say, and I would have been happy with BG alone. Now, I have twice as many opportunities to reach people with my words. I hope I can live up to the things I've been given.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment